So you’re finally coming to visit me in Port St Lucie? I’m excited. As you probably know, I work with a lot of out-of-state buyers so I think I would be as bold to say that I’ve earned an expertise at helping you out-of-staters travel to my neck of the woods.
Here’s my list of Top Questions and Needs for those Traveling to Port St Lucie:
- Air Travel
A list of airports close to Port St Lucie and details about each:
- Palm Beach International – airport code PBI. This is the closest airport to St Lucie at about 60 miles south.
- Ft Lauderdale – airport code FLL. Ft Laud may offer more direct flights so sometimes it’s worth driving further. Traveling north from FLL to PSL is about 100 miles.
- Orlando International Airport – code MCO. Another option that may offer more direct flights. Travel time is 122 miles and about 2 hours (or less).
- Car Rentals
Most of my customers prefer the bigger names such as Hertz or Enterprise to rent a car due to more selections and a larger fleet. Both PBI and FLL offer on-site rentals and travelers no longer need to leave the airport to rent a car.
- Palm Beach International’s rent-a-car list.
- Fort Lauderdale Airports rent-a-car list.
- Orlando International’s rent-a-car list.
Jim’s Car Service | Jim Burk | 772-812-2495
I’ve had past customers hire Jim and rave about his professionalism and competitive prices.
Probably the most important part of the trip – where you will rest your head at night. Due to seasonal changes, I won’t say which hotel is the cheapest but I can give you some of my customer’s recommendations (and some of my own).
- Holiday Inn Express in St Lucie West, my customer Sally from CT stayed here when she was looking for a home and said “best price for location. New, super clean, free breakfast, and great staff.”
- Residence Inn by Marriott in St Lucie West, my customers Winson and Maribeth said this hotel was great because of the location being next to good restaurants and helped take away some of the stressors of home hunting experience. “All rooms have a full kitchen and the staff were great.”
- Holiday Inn in Port St Lucie (East Side of US1) A great location if you’re looking to purchase on the East side of town.
- Homewood Inn and Suites by Hilton in Tradition I’ve personally toured this hotel on grand opening night (02.05.10) and was thoroughly impressed. It rivals Residence Inn in SLW in that it is brand-new and accommodates the extended traveler. All rooms have their own kitchen and they feel more like apartments or condos rather than a hotel. There is a special RE/MAX Rate if you call ahead for reservations. Speak to Cathy Matos at 772-345-5300.
- OR: Search Google’s interactive map of PSL hotels.
- My Office
- View my Office on a Map.
- Address: 1775 SW Gatlin Blvd, Suite 101, Port St Lucie, FL 34953.
If you think I’ve missed something, by all means, speak up! I love feedback from my customers because it helps me make good recommendations for future customers. Leave a comment below or contact me here.